Every week, our family is having a family dinner together. We schedule who is going to cook each week, and today is my turn. We usually serve what we all love to eat everyday, but it seems like I ran out of ideas of what to cook for them this week. So I asked them. They suggested the cordon bleu recipe. I didn’t think twice because I also love it!
I bet the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear Cordon Bleu recipe is stuffed chicken breast and a thick white sauce. But since I’m someone who loves to try new things when it comes to food, I decided to use DOÑA MARÍA® Mole paste to bring a new twist to the classic Cordon Bleu!
I didn’t make the white sauce in this Cordon Bleu recipe, nor add any seasoning to it. I did it the other way yet easier with a flavorful taste of DOÑA MARÍA® Mole! My family loves it! You know, we don’t have to just save Mole for special occasions because we deserve something delicious and flavorful everyday! Mole everyday, eh? Why not?!
I prepared a lot of chicken breast for this recipe because we are a big family, but I’m only going to share you a recipe in a small quantity. Please use it as a reference if you’re also going to make more than 4 servings.
Juicy Cordon Bleu in DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Sauce Recipe
Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices ham
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole paste
- 4 cups water
How to make:
- Soften butter and mix it with salt.
- In the table, brush the mixed salt and butter in the chicken breast. Sprinkle it with ground pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Line the slice of ham over the chicken breast, then the Swiss cheese.
- Now, it’s time to roll the chicken breast, and secure both ends with a wooden toothpick (and the middle part, too, if necessary) to prevent it from un-rolling.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other chicken breast. Brush mayonnaise over the rolled chicken, and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Assemble the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish. Cover it with aluminum foil before placing it in the oven. It is to keep them juicy and not to make the chicken too dry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove the dish from the oven and remove the aluminum foil, then put it back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes to golden the crumbs.
- While waiting for the chicken to be ready, boil water in a casserole, then add the DOÑA MARÍA® Mole paste in a low fire. Stir constantly. Let it say in the stove for a few minutes until the mole is dissolved, or when you get your desired consistency.
- Serve the chicken Cordon Bleu and top with Doña Maria Mole sauce. Enjoy!
I served the Chicken Cordon Bleu in Doña Maria Mole with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. It’s a whole new version, but absolutely loved by my family! Give it a try, don’t forget to check out DOÑA MARÍA® Mole!